Cyproheptadine & Tricholine Citrate Syrup is the composition of the medication belonging to the brand CYPOMAX which is used for treating the loss of appetite (anorexia). The problems related to the alimentary tract and metabolism are also treated with the intake of this syrup. The dose of the syrup also helps the person in managing the weight. Children who are not able to get the proper diet can also take the help of this medication, as the syrup helps in filling the gap between certain supplements.
The composition of Cyproheptadine & Tricholine Citrate Syrup provides comfort to the person by treating the problem related to appetite. Being an anti-histamine / anti-allergic, Cyproheptadine helps in blocking the chemical messenger which is required for reducing appetite. As a bile acid binder, the excess bile acid is removed with the help of Tricholine. Therefore, when both the supplements get combined then the problem related to appetite is treated.
Uses Of Cyproheptadine & Tricholine Citrate Syrup
Belonging to the class of medications called appetite enhancers, the composition of the medication helps in stimulating the appetite as well as helps in increasing the metabolism of the body. Children who are underweight can also take the help of this medication. The medication acts as a supplement for the children to fill the gap in the essential nutrients which are required. A person who is thin and is not able to gain weight can take the help of this medication.
Directions For Use
Before taking the syrup the person is advised to shake the bottle well. As the dose of the medication is based on the medical condition so the person is advised to measure the exact amount of the syrup with the measuring cup that is available with the pack.
Side Effects Of Cyproheptadine & tricholine citrate syrup
Unlike the use of the other syrups the person can also suffer from the following common side effects after the intake of this syrup :
- Dry mouth
Precautions To Be Taken
To get a cure and to avoid the adverse effects the person is advised to take care of the following precautions :
- Before the use of the syrup, the person is advised to tell the doctor if he is allergic to any of the ingredients of the medication and also to tell his medical history.
- If the person consumes the alcohol along with the medication then some of the adverse effects could occur which would make the medication less effective
- Breastfeeding women are advised not to take the use this medication
- The person suffering from asthma is advised to consult the doctor before the intake fo the syrup
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is it safe to use the medication for a person suffering from heart disease?
No, the person suffering from heart-related problems is advised to consult the doctor before the use of the medication.
- Is it safe to use the anti-depressant medication along with the composition of the syrup?
It is considered better to consult the doctor before taking any medication along with this syrup.