Dapagliflozin and Vildagliptin Sustained-Release Tablets come under the branding Dewzin-V medication known as anti-diabetic. It is a combination of two drugs Dapagliflozan+ Vidagliptin which is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. The medication contains Dapagliflozin a protein found in a kidney called sodium-glucose cotransporters-2 (SGLT-2 inhibitor) that works by inhibiting the reabsorption of glucose in the human body, resulting in rising in glucose excretion through urine.
A Dapagliflozin and Vildagliptin Sustained-Release Tablets removal of excessive glucose helps to lower the blood sugar level. Type 2 diabetes occurs when there is either less insulin or available insulin is not properly utilized by our body cells for lowering raised blood glucose. It is the most common kind of diabetes and is also called adult-onset diabetes or non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM).
Medical Benefits of Dapagliflozin and Vildagliptin Sustained-Release Tablets
- Treatment of type 2 diabetes or non-insulin-dependent diabetes
- It prevents the reabsorption of glucose from the blood filtered through your kidney
- Increasing the glucose excretion from your body when you urinate
Direction For Use
- Take Dapagliflozin Tablets with or without food as advised by a doctor
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water
- Do not crush, chew or break the tablet
- Store in a cool place
- Store in a dry place
- Stay away from sunlight
- Urinary tract infection
- Low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia)
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Skin rash
- This medication should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- Not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
If my blood sugar level suddenly goes down, then what should I do?
In case patients feel that their blood sugar level is going down and feeling weak, immediately eat sugar candies or drink sugary beverages. It will help to balance the blood sugar level in your body.
Can I stop taking Dapagliflozin and Vildagliptin Sustained-Release Tablets on my own?
No, a person should continue taking Dapagliflozin and Vildagliptin Sustained-Release Tablets as much as a doctor has prescribed for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. You should not stop discontinuing medication suddenly.