Norethisterone Tablets comes under the branding EthiStay N 10. he medicines are referred to as the class of progestogens. Norethisterone Tablets contain Norethisterone I.P. 5 mg, which mimics the action of the progesterone hormone found in nature. By doing this, it balances hormone levels in the human body and quickly controls the uterine lining that grows and sheds.
Norethisterone Tablets are used to treat irregular periods, heavy pain, endometriosis, and premenstrual. A condition known as endometriosis occurs when the tissue lining of the uterus (endometrium) develops on the ovaries, intestines, or tissues bordering the pelvis. Pelvic pain is the main sign of this condition. Furthermore, the tablet may be used in the treatment of breast cancer. So, it aids in the treatment of menstruation diseases.
Uses of Norethisterone Tablets
- Heavy Pain
- Painful or irregular periods
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Endometriosis, Breast cancer
- Mimics the activity of the natural hormone progesterone.
- It restores hormone levels in the body and regulates the growth and shedding of the womb lining.
- It helps to treat menstrual disorders.
Direction For Use
- Take the Dose with or without food as advised by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, chew or break it.
- keep all medication out of reach of children
- Store in Cool Place
- Store in Dry Place
- Away from sunlight
- Low Blood Pressure
- Abdominal Pain
- This medication should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- Not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I take Norethisterone tablets?
The dosage and instructions for taking Norethisterone tablets may vary depending on the several reasons for use. It is necessary to follow your doctor’s instructions or the guidelines provided with the medication. Typically, the tablets are taken orally with water, usually once or twice daily, for a specific duration as prescribed.
Can Norethisterone tablets be used as an emergency contraceptive?
No, the Norethisterone tablet is not intended or effective as an emergency contraceptive. It is a progestin-only medication and is not as effective for emergency contraception as dedicated emergency contraceptive pills or devices. If you require emergency contraception, it’s best to consult a healthcare professional or consider a dedicated emerge