Levocetirizine Injection comes under the branding Carnitude. It refers to a combination of medicines known as antihistamines or anti-allergic. I. It is an R-enantiomer of cetirizine that is primarily used to treat several kinds of allergies. An allergy is an immune system system system response to foreign elements typically not harmful to the human body. Foreign elements are called “allergens”. It is a condition that varies from individual to individual. Some may be allergic to certain foods and seasonal allergies like hay fever. At the similar time, others might be allergic to pollen or pet dander
Levocetirizine Injection contains Levocetirizine, a non-drowsy antihistamine. The medication is less likely to make you feel sleepy than some other antihistamines. Apart from this, some people still find it makes them feel quite tired, which is used to treat allergies as it blocks the effects of a chemical messenger known as histamine, which is naturally involved in allergic reactions. Levocetirizine Injection is widely used to treat hay fever (an allergy caused by pollen or dust), chives (red, raised patches or dots), conjunctivitis (red, itchy eye), eczema (dermatitis), reactions to insect bites and stings and some food allergies.
Uses of Levocetirizine Injection
- Common allergies
- Hay fever
- Reactions to an insect bite
- Stings and some food allergies
- Treat allergies as it blocks the effects of a chemical messenger, which is naturally involved in allergic reactions.
- Levocetirizine Injection is used to treat adults and children who have hay fever, round-the-year dust or pet allergies, urticaria, and itchiness of the skin.
- It helps to relieve the discomfort and unpleasant symptoms that occur due to allergic conditions, like blocked/runny/itchy nose, red/watery eyes, and skin rashes.
Direction For Use
- Do not self-administer.
- Gently squeeze the skin with one hand and quickly
- Insert the needle straight into the muscle.
- Pull back the plunger; if blood is seen in the syringe, remove the needle from the skin.
- Change the needle to a clean one of the same size.
- It is alright to use the drug already in the syringe.
- Inject the drug slowly.
- Store in a cool place
- Store in a dry place
- Stay away from sunlight
Side Effects of Levocetirizine Injection
- Trouble sleeping
- Dry Mouth
Discuss the following health conditions with your healthcare professional before taking this medication.
- This medication should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- Not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any side effects of Levocetirizine Injection?
Like any medication, Levocetirizine Injection can cause side effects. Common side effects may include drowsiness, dry mouth, headache, fatigue, and gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea and diarrhea. It is important to report any unusual or severe side effects to your healthcare provider.
Can Levocetirizine Injection be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
Levocetirizine Injection should be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding only if clearly needed and under the supervision of a healthcare professional. It is best to consult with your healthcare provider before using this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.