EthiStay N 5 is a composition of Norethisterone tablets used in the prevention of pregnancy. It is a synthetic progestin that delays the mensuration process in females for 17 days. It also helps to treat menstrual disorders by restoring the hormone levels in the body and regulating the growth and shedding of the womb lining by mimicking the activity of the natural hormone progesterone. If you have breast cancer then this medicine is very helpful and it is usually used by women who cannot take estrogen.
Norethisterone tablet is a man-made version of the natural female sex hormone progesterone. It is important to take this medicine as prescribed by the doctor for safety purposes as the amount of progestin and estrogen might vary with each certain other pills at different times.
Uses of Norethisterone Tablets
This composition is recommended to be used in the treatment of the following issues-
- Breast cancer
- Menstruation pain
Norethisterone tablets do not have significant side effects but you may experience some which tend to go away when the body adjusts with time.
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain/cramps
Directions For Use
- Norethisterone is easily available on prescription in tablet form.
- Take it with or without food as advised by your doctor and swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, chew or break it.
- The pregnent women are recommended not to take this medicine as it can cause hormonal changes and affect your health.
- If the women is breastfeeding they should not take these medicines as it can affect your infant.
- Tell your doctor if you have jaundice, heart problems, a history of heart attack, migraine, or angina.
- This medicine might interfere in certain laboratory tests, inform the doctor about your intake of all medicines before undergoing tests.
- Keep it away from the children.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1 Are norethisterone tablets habit forming?
No, these are not reported as habit forming.
2 What are the side effects or symptoms that can be seen?
The person should stop taking this medicine if he/she experience severe headaches, swelling in one leg, stabbing pain, breathing problems, yellowing skin, or any other sudden change in hearing or vision.
3 Can this medicine increase the risk of blood clots?
It can increase the risk of a blood clot in the veins of the leg. Inform your doctor if you have a serious injury, a history of a blood clot in the lungs, are overweight, have systemic lupus erythematosus, or repeated miscarriage.