Oxcarbazepine Tablets comes under the branding Oxajab-300. The medication refers to the combination called anti-convulsants or anti-epileptics that is used to treat seizure\seizures\ fits. Oxcarbazepine Tablet works by overcoming the attacks of seizures and epilepsy by decreasing the nerve impulses that cause fits. Epilepsy is a central nervous system disorder characterized by a quick rush of electrical activity in the human brain leading to seizures, abnormal behavior, and loss of awareness.
Medical Benefits of Oxcarbazepine Tablet
- Works by reducing the nerve impulses that cause fits and pain thereby controlling seizures.
- Treat and prevent partial seizures in adults.
- Used as sole therapy in treating and preventing seizures in children above 4 years or is used in combination in children above 2 years.
Direction For Use
Your doctor will decide how long you need to take Oxcarbazepine Tablets depending on your medical condition.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not chew, crush, or break it.
- Your doctor will decide how long you need to take medication for your medical condition.
- Store in a cool place
- Store in a dry place
- Place away from sunlight
Dosage, administration instructions and guidelines, and potential side effects may vary depending on the specific product and the individual’s medical condition:
- Dry Mouth
Remember, always follow the recommendations of tablets provided by your healthcare provider or the instructions on the medication packaging:
- This medication should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- Not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor.
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Oxcarbazepine tablets interact with other medications?
Yes, Oxcarbazepine tablets can interact with other medications, including some birth control pills, antidepressants, and anticoagulants. It is important to inform your doctor about all the medications, supplements, or herbal products you are currently taking to avoid any potential interactions.
How to store Oxcarbazepine tablets?
Store the medications according to instructions and guidelines available in the labeling of products. Store it cool and dry place and keep it away from sunlight and children.
Can Oxcarbazepine tablets be stopped abruptly?
It is important not to stop taking Oxcarbazepine tablets abruptly without consulting your healthcare provider. Suddenly stopping the medication can increase the risk of seizures or withdrawal symptoms. Your doctor will provide guidance on how to safely discontinue the medication if needed.