Oxychol-450 consists of Ursodeoxycholic Acid Tablets that work very well to break down the cholesterol that gets converted into stones in the gallbladder and thus it dissolves the stones present in the gallbladder. They are also used for dissolving some kinds of gallstones and it also prevents them from forming. A particular kind of liver disease called primary biliary cirrhosis is also treated by it. It is to be used only those individuals who are of more than 6 years.
The group of medicines to which Ursodeoxycholic Acid Tablets are linked is also called biliary agents or gallstone dissolution agents. The Ursodeoxycholic Acid present in it helps to decrease the production of cholesterol in the blood, and this is how it dissolves gall bladder stones that are mainly made of cholesterol. It also has a protective effect on the cells of the liver from any kind of injury caused due to various toxic bile acids and improves liver function.
Uses of Ursodeoxycholic Acid Tablets
These tablets are very safe to be used and they are used for dissolving certain gallstones and they also prevent them from forming back. They also solve a particular liver disease called primary biliary cirrhosis. Briefly, they are used for:
- Treating Gallbladder stones
- Treating Primary biliary cirrhosis
Possible Side Effects
Ursodeoxycholic Acid Tablets are safe to be used but still, it can cause some common side effects that are mentioned below. An individual needs to go to a doctor if they don’t go away with the passage of time.
- Abdominal pain
- Hair loss
Directions For Use
- They are to be swallowed as a whole and they are not meant to be chewed or broken.
- They must be taken after a meal either with a glass of milk or water and the dose will be adjusted by the concerned doctor.
- Usually, the dosage will be decided by the doctor based on the weight of the individual taking it.
- Eating a healthy diet is advised in order to reduce the dependency on this medicine and to recover fast.
- Doing regular exercise will also aid the individual to get relief from all the problems that one might get by it.
- Let the doctor know if the patient is already having some kind of medical issues with them as it will require some additional attention to be given to them.
- One may face Diarrhea as a possible side effect and thus one is advised to take plenty of water in order to stay protected from it.
- You are not supposed to stop using this medicine without consulting the doctor.
- It is not advised to be used by those who are under the age of 6 years.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1 To Which Class Of Medicines Are Ursodeoxycholic Acid Tablets Linked?
They are linked to a class of medicines called hepatoprotective medication and they are used for treating some kind of liver issues.
2 How Does Ursodeoxycholic Acid Tablets Works?
It works by reducing the amount of cholesterol in the human blood and thus it helps to dissolve the gallbladder stones that are mainly composed of cholesterol. They also work very well with liver enzymes and also protect the various kinds of liver cells from various kinds of toxic bile acids.
3 How Does This Medicine Works On the Liver?
It acts on the liver so that it gets concentrated in the bile secreted from the liver. Thus it suppresses the synthesis and secretion of cholesterol by the liver and thus it decreases the cholesterol levels in bile. It also stops the intestines from absorbing the cholesterol and bile salts so that reduced cholesterol is made possible.
4 When Am I Supposed To Take This Medicine For Getting The Most Amount Of Benefits?
The best time to use this medicine will be dependent on the condition of its user and it will be decided by the concerned healthcare expert. Taking 2 to 3 doses per day is prescribed as normal dosage and the last dose must be taken at night for attaining the best results. It must be used with milk after having a meal.
5 Is Taking Ursodeoxycholic Acid Tablets Safe?
Usually, it is considered safe to use ursodeoxycholic acid tablets, but still, it can cause some common side effects that normally go away with time if they don’t then the advice of a healthcare expert must be taken.