Doxofylline and Acebrophylline Tablets come under the brand name “DOXOFAX PLUS” and belongs to the class of drugs called bronchodilators primarily used to prevent and treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Asthma is a chronic (long-term) respiratory condition in which airways narrow, swell, and produce extra mucus, leading to difficulty in breathing. COPD is a group of lung diseases with emphysema (shortness of breath) and chronic bronchitis (inflammation of the lining of bronchial tubes).
Doxofylline and Acebrophylline Tablets is a combination of two bronchodilator drugs, namely: Acebrophylline and Doxofylline. It works by relaxing muscles and widening the airways of the lungs. Thereby, it makes breathing easier by opening the airways. Additionally, Acebrophylline also acts as a mucolytic (cough/sputum thinner) agent and helps in thinning and loosening phlegm (mucus) in the lungs, windpipe, and nose. Thereby, it helps to cough out easily and makes breathing easier by opening airways.
- It relaxes muscles and widens the airways of the lungs. Thereby, it makes breathing easier by opening the airways.
- Additionally, Acebrophylline also acts as a mucolytic (cough/sputum thinner) agent and helps in thinning and loosening phlegm (mucus) in the lungs, windpipe, and nose. Thereby, Doxofylline and Acebrophylline Tablets help to cough out easily and make breathing easier by opening airways.
Directions For Use
- Take it with food to avoid stomach upset or take it as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow tablets as a whole with a glass of water;
- Do not chew or break it.
- The dose and duration of this tablet can vary depending on your condition and the severity of the infection.
- Keep it away from sunlight.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Please consult a doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is given to pregnant women only if the doctor thinks the benefits outweigh the risks.
- Take Doxofylline and Acebrophylline Tablets with caution, especially if you have a history of Liver or kidney diseases/conditions.
- It may interact with caffeine. Therefore, avoid intake of this tablet with chocolate and caffeine-containing foods such as cocoa beans and tea leaves as they may increase the risk of severity of side effects.
- It may also interact with water pills (furosemide), medicines used to treat gout (allopurinol), antacid (cimetidine), antibiotics (ciprofloxacin, erythromycin, amoxicillin, doxycycline, clindamycin, lincomycin), drugs used to lower high blood pressure (diltiazem, verapamil, propranolol), and so on.
- Upset stomach
Frequenty Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I take erythromycin with this tablet?
You are not recommended to take erythromycin with it as co-administration of these medicines may increase the risk of adverse effects of this medicine. However, please consult a doctor before using other medicines with it.
Is it safe to smoke while taking this medicine?
You are not recommended to smoke while taking tablet as it may reduce the effectiveness of this tablet.
What foods are to be avoided while taking this medicine?
You are recommended to avoid intake chocolate and caffeine-containing foods such as cocoa beans and tea leaves with it as they may increase the risk of severity of side effects.
Can I stop taking this tablet on my own?
You are not recommended to stop taking it without consulting your doctor as it may worsen the condition or cause recurring symptoms. Therefore, take a tablet for as long as your doctor has prescribed it and if you experience any difficulty while taking it, please consult your doctor.
Does this composition relieve sudden asthma symptoms?
It does not relieve sudden asthma symptoms. Therefore, it is advised to carry a rescue inhaler always to treat sudden asthma symptoms.