L- ornithine L-aspartate Infusion Injection comes under the branding Hepajab. It is a hub of drugs that contains L-ornithine-L-aspartate as its active ingredient. The medicine used to treat liver diseases like acute and chronic hepatitis, chronic alcoholic liver damage, fatty liver, jaundice, liver cirrhosis, and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) by increasing the rate of energy production in liver cells.
L- ornithine L-aspartate Infusion injection decreases the ammonia levels in the blood by increasing ammonia detoxification. Liver diseases lead to disturbance of vital liver functions. L- ornithine L-aspartate Infusion injection effectively prevents multiple liver disease mechanisms and ensures protection, regeneration, and rejuvenation of the liver.
Medical Benefits of L- ornithine L-aspartate Infusion Injection
- This medication has the benefit of lowering ammonia present in blood and is thus used in the Treatment of hepatic encephalopathy.
- Helps to increase the number of amino acids, and arginine in the body.
- Reducing the levels of ammonia in the body.
- Avoids the risk associated with elevated ammonia levels in the whole body.
- It has liver-protecting properties if given to patients with fatty liver.
Direction For Use
- Do not self-administer.
- Gently squeeze the skin with one hand and quickly
- Insert the needle straight into the muscle.
- Pull back the plunger; if blood is seen in the syringe, remove the needle from the skin.
- Change the needle to a clean one of the same size.
- It is alright to use the drug already in the syringe.
- Inject the drug slowly.
- Store in a cool place
- Store in a dry place
- Stay away from sunlight
Side Effects of L- ornithine L-aspartate Infusion Injection
- Trouble sleeping
- Dry Mouth
Discuss the following health conditions with your healthcare professional before taking this medication.
- This medication should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- Not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the common uses of L-ornithine L-aspartate infusion injection?
L-ornithine L-aspartate infusion injection is primarily used in the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy, a condition characterized by cognitive and neurological impairment due to liver dysfunction. It is often prescribed to patients with liver cirrhosis or liver failure.
What are the possible side effects of L-ornithine L-aspartate infusion injection?
Like any medication, L-ornithine L-aspartate infusion injection can cause side effects. Commonly reported side effects include gastrointestinal disturbances such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Rarely, allergic reactions or hypersensitivity reactions may occur. It is important to discuss any concerns or adverse effects with your healthcare provider.