Nosa-OX is the fusion of Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride Nasal Solution that is linked to a class of medications called decongestants. They work by narrowing the blood vessels in the nasal passages so as to make it easier for the individual to breathe easily with comfort. The various symptoms that are linked to congestion due to allergies, sinus irritation, hay fever, and the common cold are also treated by it.
Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride Nasal Spray also provides temporary relief from inflammation as well as discomfort. It provides long-lasting relief from the issue of nasal congestion also called a blocked nose. The relief that one gets from its usage lasts for so many hours and thus it can be used as per the advice of the doctor to get relief from the issue of nasal congestion.
Uses of Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride Nasal Solution
This solution works very well to offer a lot of benefits to its user. Have a look at some of the benefits that one can take by using this solution:
- Relieves nasal discomfort caused due to colds, allergies, and hay fever.
- It also relieves sinus congestion and pressure.
Possible Side Effects
Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride Nasal Solution can cause some side effects that are not major in nature as they tend to go away with the passage of time. Have a look at some of them:
- Increased Nasal Discharge
- Dryness Inside The Nose
Directions For Use
- It is to be used after every 10 to 12 hours of its first usage.
- Make sure to shake the bottle of spray before using it so that the medicine gets mixed properly.
- Don’t try to deep breathe as it will increase the chances of the medication going down the throat.
- Gently insert the bottle in one nostril and close the other nostril. Then just spray towards the side of the nostril and also away from the cartilage that will divide the two sides of your nose in a particular way.
- Then simply breathe out through your mouth and repeat the same process for the other nostril.
- It should not be used in children who are under the age of 6 years as it can cause some problems in that case.
- Don’t use it more often than twice in a 24-hour period as it can cause some kind of side effects.
- Using it in less or more than the advised quantity isn’t advised as it can cause some problems in that case also.
- It must not be used for more than 3 days straight as it can cause some issues in that case.
- Sharing your spray with anyone else isn’t advised as it will increase your chances of having an infection.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1 Is Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride Nasal Solution Addictive?
Having a treatment with this solution isn’t mentally addictive. But one may face some kind of psychical addiction by using this as it they may feel the urge to use it regularly.
2 Is This Solution Spray Steroid/ Antihistamine?
This medication is linked to a class of medications called adrenergic and thus they are not a steroid and neither an antihistamine.
3 Is It Safe To Use Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride Nasal Spray?
It is safe to use this spray as per the dosage advised by the doctor concerned with the treatment. It must not be used in any quantity that is prescribed by the doctor.
4 Can I Use This Spray Along With Diphenhydramine/ Phenylephrine/ Pseudoephedrine?
It should not be used with diphenhydramine/ phenylephrine/ pseudoephedrine. One must consult their healthcare expert if they wish to use it in that way.