Mixafir-400 is having Rifaximin Tablets as its main component in it. This is linked to a class of medicines called antibiotics that treats conditions such as hepatic encephalopathy which is a liver-based health ailment. It is also used to treat problems such as agitation, confusion, difficulty in speaking, muscle problems, and sometimes, coma. It effectively treats infectious diarrhea as well as irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea (IBS-D) in adults and children. It can be used alone or as a combination with other medicines also in order to offer the maximum amount of benefits that one needs to get.
Rifaximin Tablets work by killing the ammonia-producing bacteria in the digestive tract that is responsible for causing the infection. This way it treats various liver-based diseases very effectively.
Uses of Rifaximin Tablets
These tablets are antibiotics that are mostly used for treating a lot of bacterial infections that one might face.
- This medicine is capable of improving brain function that might have been disturbed due to some health ailments one might have had in the past.
- Symptoms related to hepatic encephalopathy are also solved by it.
Possible Side Effects
Rifaximin Tablets are safe to be used by all people still they can cause some basic side effects in some individuals thus taking the advice of a healthcare expert is necessary if they don’t go away with the passage of time. Have a look at some of the most faced side effects of this medicine.
- Peripheral edema
Directions For Use
- One must complete the whole course that is prescribed by the healthcare expert and they need to not skip any dosage as it will decrease the overall effectiveness of this medicine.
- It can be used with or without food as per the intention of the patient and one thing to be kept in mind is that it must be taken at the same time each day.
- Try eating a healthy diet as it will allow you to take proper benefits from its usage and also try eating any kind of packed or fast food.
- It must be swallowed as a whole and is not meant to be consumed after breaking it.
- It is not known whether it is safe to use alcohol with this medicine and thus the best option for all is to consult a healthcare expert regarding this matter.
- Generally, it is not advised to be used in case of pregnancy and thus one needs to tell their doctor if they are pregnant or intending to become so.
- Let the doctor know if you are having any kind of healthcare ailment as it will require some kind of changes to be made in your dosage.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the condition of the individual who is taking this medicine as its side effects can increase in severity with the passage of time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1 How Do Rifaximin Tablets Works?
Being an antibiotic, it works by killing the ammonia-producing bacteria in the digestive tract. This way it treats your infection and relieves symptoms of hepatic encephalopathy and it also helps to reduce the recurrence of episodes of hepatic encephalopathy.
2 Should I Take Rifaximin Tablets With Food?
Yes, one can for sure take it with or without food as per their liking. For getting the best results one needs to take them after eating a meal.
3 What Is The Effect Of This Medicine On The Liver?
This medicine slows down the growth of bacteria in the gut, and it also decreases different symptoms in the case of liver disease.
4 Can Its Usage Cause Weight Gain?
Usually, it doesn’t cause any kind of weight gain but still, if one notices there is any kind of weight gain then they must consult their healthcare expert in that case.
5 Are There Any Major Side Effects Of Using This Medicine?
No there are only some minor side effects that one might get after making use of this medicine such as nausea, peripheral edema, ascites, fatigue, etc.