Clindamycin Phosphate Injection Ip comes under the branding Fyclin-600. It refers to the class of drugs known as “antibiotics”. It contains “Clindamycin” which works by inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis, which stops bacterial growth and treats acne. It is a skin condition caused when the hair follicles are plugged with oil and dead skin cells. Symptoms include blackheads, pus-filled pimples, and large/red bumps. Clindamycin Phosphate Injection Ip shows a bacteriostatic effect, which prevents the multiplication of bacteria.
Medical Benefits of Clindamycin Phosphate Injection Ip
- It treats acne (pimples).
- Works by inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis, which inhibits bacterial growth.
- It shows a bacteriostatic effect, which stops bacterial reproduction but doesn’t kill them.
Direction For Use
- Do not self-administer.
- Gently squeeze the skin with one hand and quickly
- Insert the needle straight into the muscle.
- Pull back the plunger; if blood is seen in the syringe, remove the needle from the skin.
- Change the needle to a clean one of the same size.
- It is alright to use the drug already in the syringe.
- Inject the drug slowly.
- Store in a cool place
- Store in a dry place
- Stay away from sunlight
Side Effects of Clindamycin Phosphate Injection Ip
- Trouble sleeping
- Dry Mouth
Discuss the following health conditions with your healthcare professional before taking this medication.
- This medication should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- Not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if I miss a dose of Clindamycin Phosphate Injection IP?
If you miss a dose of Clindamycin Phosphate Injection IP, it is important to contact your healthcare provider immediately. They will provide guidance on whether the missed dose should be administered or if any adjustments need to be made to your treatment schedule.
Can Clindamycin Phosphate Injection IP be used in children?
Clindamycin Phosphate Injection IP can be used in children, but the dosage and administration should be determined by a healthcare professional based on the child’s age, weight, and the specific infection being treated.