Enoxaparin Sodium Injection Ip comes under the branding Aloxa-60. It refers to a class of drugs called anticoagulants or thinners. Enoxaparin Sodium Injection Ip contains Enoxaparin, which is the low molecular weight heparin. Enoxaparin Sodium Injection Ip works by preventing existing blood clots from growing larger, allowing the human body to break them down and prevent them from harming you. Aside from this, it inhibits the formation of new blood clots in your blood. It helps to treat harmful blood clots in your blood.
Moreover, Enoxaparin Sodium Injection can prevent or treat blood clots due to a variety of medical conditions, such as unstable angina, after an operation or long periods of bed rest due to illness, after a heart attack, and blood clots forming in your dialysis machine’s tubes. A blood clot is a mass of blood that forms when platelets, proteins, and cells in the blood stick together. A blood clot can occur in any body part, leading to a heart attack, stroke, and organ damage.
Medical Benefits of Enoxaparin Sodium Injection Ip
- It helps to treat harmful blood clots that are in your blood.
- Stop blood clots due to several medical conditions, including unstable angina
- works by stopping existing blood clots from getting any bigger
- Helps your body to break them down and prevents them from causing you harm.
- It stops new blood clots from forming in your blood.
Direction For Use
- Do not self-administer.
- Gently squeeze the skin with one hand and quickly
- Insert the needle straight into the muscle.
- Pull back the plunger; if blood is seen in the syringe, remove the needle from the skin.
- Change the needle to a clean one of the same size.
- It is alright to use the drug already in the syringe.
- Inject the drug slowly.
- Store in a cool place
- Store in a dry place
- Stay away from sunlight
Side Effects of Enoxaparin Sodium Injection Ip
- Trouble sleeping
- Dry Mouth
Discuss the following health conditions with your healthcare professional before taking this medication.
- This medication should not be taken if you are breastfeeding.
- Not advised to drink alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you have a liver impairment or any concerns consult your, doctor
- Consult your doctor, if you have kidney impairment or any concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any precautions or contraindications associated with enoxaparin sodium injection?
Enoxaparin sodium injection should be used with caution in individuals with bleeding disorders, liver or kidney problems, or a history of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. It is contraindicated in patients with active major bleeding, severe uncontrolled hypertension, or known hypersensitivity to enoxaparin sodium or any component of the medication.
Can enoxaparin sodium injection interact with other medications?
Yes, enoxaparin sodium can interact with certain medications, including other anticoagulants, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), platelet inhibitors, and medications that affect blood clotting. It is important to inform the healthcare provider about all medications, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements, being taken to avoid potential interactions.